Do you have a Facebook business page or profile but feel like it’s a little, well, flabby? Has your page been a bit of a couch potato, always watching from the sidelines but never really raising your heartbeat? Well, it’s time for Facebook boot camp. Here are 5 ways to strengthen your social media presence online, increase your visibility and ensure that the right message is being communicated to your target audience.
1. WARM-UP: First thing’s first. You need to be prepared for this workout. Let’s talk about your Info tab – make sure that it is filled to the brim with information. Are all of your websites and social media links present? Do you have a captivating bio that tells your brilliant story and makes readers want to know more? Don’t forget about your mission, your products and your contact information. First-time visitors will often go straight to the Info tab to learn more about who you are or what your business is all about. Don’t miss out on this very important first-impression moment.
2. PUSH YOUR LIMITS: Time to step it up and push yourself to do something outside of your comfort zone. Use the built-in camera in your laptop to make a video of yourself talking about a new product and post it. Smart phones and small video devices like the Flip are also easy-to-use options for shooting video almost anywhere and offer easy upload options to post to Facebook. Another idea is to publicly schedule that event on your Facebook page that you’ve always dreamed of doing but keep putting off. By making a commitment to the world (in Facebook), you’ve created accountability and will be motivated to make your dream event happen.
3. STAY THE COURSE: It’s time to prove your stamina. I’ve often said that social media is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. You need to commit to being present and active in order for your social media to work. Take this boot camp challenge: Commit to post original content once a day. You can still repurpose other content or comment on current events, etc, but you must write at least one post per day that comes from your heart. Share an insight, a breakthrough moment, or that you finally chose the perfect color for your office. Whatever it may be – write it. It is in these posts that your readers will get to know – and trust – the authentic you, leading to loyal followers who will be more likely to look your way when they need a trusted source to help meet their needs.
4. GET BUFF: Build your followers! Brainstorm ways to reach out and attract fans to your social media in order to increase your visibility and make sure your message is getting to as much of your target audience as possible. Have special promotions or giveaways. Offer unique reports or downloadable guides. Find another entrepreneur and join forces to promote each other and offer something special between the two of you to build both your audiences.
5. COOL DOWN: Within gratitude you will find your social media zen. Acknowledge the value of others via your Facebook page – and be sure to use the @ feature to link to their Facebook profiles or business pages. Not only are you giving them authentic gratitude, but you are also showing a valuable part of your own personality – one that will draw people to you even more.
Wow, check out those Facebook muscles! Now go grab a smoothie and pat yourself on the back, knowing that by applying each of these 5 boot camp exercises to your Facebook, you have strengthened your online presence in order to boost your business.